Cortex

Home » Cenqua User Forums » Clover for .NET

Thread: in VS.NET, without Clover.NET Build is OK but failed with Clover.NET

Welcome, Guest

Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - : Dec 9, 2020 3:26 AM by: MKnaup

in VS.NET, without Clover.NET Build is OK but failed with Clover.NET
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 8:18 AM

Hello,

I am trying Clover.NET for code coverage my project.

It gets compiled and build successfully in case of normal build (without Clover)
But it gives following compile time errors (incase Start Clover Build)...

error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'xyz' does not exist in the class or namespace 'aaa.bbb' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

can you resolve this problem.

Thanks

Re: in VS.NET, without Clover.NET Build is OK but failed with Clover.NET
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 8:41 AM   in response to:

Can you tell me how the aaa.bbb namespace is referenced in the project where this error occurs? Are you able to attach the project file for this project (or send to clover.net-support@cenqua.com). Could you also send the Clovered version of the project. We would like to understand the inter-project reference structure in your solution.

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 11:28 PM   in response to:

I have the same problem, although mine is error CS0246. I will send you the project files.

The type or namespace name 'xxx' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Message was edited by:
nevdelap

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 7:11 AM   in response to:

We've received your support email and will follow up there - thanks

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 1:49 PM   in response to:

I'm having the same problem. Can anybody let me know how this is resolved? Thank you.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 9:10 AM   in response to:

What version of Clover.NET are you using? We have recently changed Clover.NET to take into account the reference path infromation from a project's .user preferences file. This may address your problem. If not, could you please give us more information about the details of your problem.

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 9:28 AM   in response to:

Hi, I'm using version 1.2.2100. This is the error message i'm getting:

Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing.

The normal build is ok, only the clover build fails with the above error for those projects that depends on others. I have 7 projects in the solution. The only one that does not depends on any other projects builds ok, the rest all fail.

Thank you and hope can hear from you soon.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 6:37 AM   in response to:

Can you tell us the nature of your solution? i.e. what sort of projects are in your solution?

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 2:29 PM   in response to:

I get the exact same error:

Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing.

This error appears to occur on any project with an output type of Class Library. Windows application types build with no problem.

I am currently using Clover.NET Plugin 1.2.2100.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 7:18 AM   in response to:

Unfortunately, the previous poster did not give us any further information. If you can give us some additional information, we will attempt to reproduce the error here. If you wish you can send the information to support.

Posted: Dec 9, 2020 3:24 AM   in response to:

Hi,

I've just downloaded Clover.NET and get lots of compilation errors including the one mentioned above.

Clover.NET Plugin 1.2.2021

First it denotes a syntax error when the source file starts with a comment like this: "/*"
The next source file has a syntax error though it starts with a "using" directive.

Next errors:
error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Utilities' does not exist in the class or namespace 'xxx' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UnicodeBlock' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

and so on...

Is there a bugfix available?

Michael

Message was edited by:
MKnaup